Chicken and Peppers
Author: Erin Russo
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 large can tomato sauce (or diced tomatoes with liquid)
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 large onion sliced
- garlic (optional)
- tbsp of sugar (optional)
- Salt and pepper chicken breasts and lay in crock pot, then layer onions first and then peppers over top. (salting veg is optional).
- Pour tomato sauce over everything and then sprinkle it with sugar. Cover with lid.
- Cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 5 hours.
- Chicken falls apart and peppers are cooked to a soft perfection!
- This dish may also be substituted with beef/roast/pork, add more sauce to compensate larger meat products.
- ENJOY YOUR HEALTHY CROCK!