Cookie Monster Crockpot Cake
Author: Sarah Wells (dessertedplanet.com)
- 1 (18.25 oz) Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1 (3.4 oz) Package Chocolate Instant Pudding Mix
- 3 Large Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 c. Sour Cream
- ⅓ c. Butter, melted
- 1 T. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3¼ c. Milk, divided
- 1 (3.4 oz) Package Chocolate Cook-and-Serve Pudding Mix
- 2 c. Oreo Cookie Pieces
- 2 c. Chocolate Chip Cookie Pieces (I used Keebler Elf Soft and Chewy)
- 1 c. Bittersweet or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 c. Miniature Marshmallows
- Vanilla Ice Cream (optional)
- Lightly grease a 4-qt slow cooker or spray with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat cake mix, next 5 ingredients and 1¼ c. milk at medium speed for 2 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Pour batter into slow cooker.
- Cook remaining 2 cups milk in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 5-8 minutes or until bubbles appear (do not boil); remove from heat.
- Sprinkle cook-and-serve pudding mix over batter. Slowly pour hot milk over pudding. Place a towel over the slow cooker and place lid on top (this prevents condensation from dripping into the cake). Cook on LOW for 3½ hours. Meanwhile, mix chocolate chip cookies, Oreos, mini marshmallows and chocolate chips together in a large bowl.
- Turn off slow cooker or onto low if yours has that setting. Sprinkle with the cookie, marshmallow and chocolate chip mixture and let stand 15 minutes or until marshmallows are slightly melted. Spoon into dessert dishes and serve with ice cream, if desired.