Crock pot Cheeseburger Soup
Author: Tammy Rice Michael
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 T dried onion (or ½ of a white onion, diced finely)
- 1 lb lean ground beef, browned and drained on the stove top
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 potatoes, cut in 1-inch cubes (the photo showed 4, but after cutting 2, I saw it was plenty)
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup milk (to add later, soy is fine)
- 24 oz Velveeta, cubed (to add later)
- Tabasco sauce, optional
- crumbled bacon, optional
- Brown the meat on the stove top with the onion, and drain fat. I have used ½ pound instead of a whole pound before, and we didn’t miss the extra meat. Set aside to cool a bit.
- In a 5-6 quart crockpot, pour in chicken broth. Add garlic, bell pepper, and potatoes (I didn’t peel them), and add. Stir in the browned meat and onion.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, or until onions are translucent and potatoes are tender. Stir in milk and Velveeta 20-30 minutes before serving. If you’d like the broth thicker, blend a bit with a hand held stick blender.
- Garnish with Tabasco sauce and crumbled bacon if desired.