Slow-Cooker Chili Chicken Tacos
Author: Martha Stewart
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 6)
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ cup prepared tomato salsa, plus more for serving (optional)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 hard corn taco shells
- Cilantro, shredded cheese, lime wedges, and sour cream, for serving (optional)
- In slow cooker, combine chicken, garlic, salsa, chiles, chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and teaspoon pepper. Cover; cook on high, 4 hours (or on low, 8 hours).
- Transfer chicken to a serving bowl, and shred, using two forks; moisten with cooking juices. Serve in taco shells, with toppings, if desired.
Oven method: preheat oven to 350 degrees. In step 1, use a 5-quart Dutch oven or ovenproof pot with a tight-fitting lid; add 2 cups water. Cover; bake until chicken is fork-tender, about 2 hours. Proceed with step 2.