Steel Cut Oatmeal
Author: papergoddess (food.com)
- 1 cup steel cut oats (DO NOT substitute old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats)
- 4 ½ cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup dried fruit (raisins, prunes, apricots, dates) (optional)
- milk, to taste
- sugar, to taste
- cinnamon, to taste
- maple syrup, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a 2 quart slow cooker. (If you want to make a smaller amount please use a smaller crock pot or crockette. This won’t work in a 6 quart cooker).
- Cover and cook on LOW 6-8 hours.
- It might form a “crust” around the outside. Just scrape it down with a spoon and stir.